On September 22 and 23, Instagram will partner with My Block My Hood My City and the Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce for Experience Chicago – a virtual small business festival that shines a spotlight on Chicago small businesses that have uplifted their communities and brought people together over the last several months.
From Southern Food cooking demos and cocktail tutorials to fitness sessions and art classes, the two day festival highlights inspiring business owners and businesses from a variety of neighborhoods and will bring a piece of Chicago to Instagram Live.
During the Lives, viewers will be encouraged to support these and other small businesses by purchasing Gift Cards, ordering meals through Food Orders and promoting the businesses via the Support Small Business sticker on Stories.
Experience: Chicago takes place during the rescheduled National Small Business Week as well as Hispanic Heritage month, and underscores Facebook and Instagram’s commitment to supporting diverse small businesses.
Below is a full schedule for both days:
Day 1 – My Block My Hood My City will host a day of programming on Instagram Live from small local businesses
- 10:00 Morning workout “fitness bootcamp” with John Coleman Gym @pumphighenergychi
- 10:30 Going through the process of roasting your own coffee beans + make latte/cappuccino with Kusanya Cafe @KusanyaCafe
- 12:00 Haircut and shave with Bobby’s @principlebarbers
- 12:30 Soul food cooking with Josephine’s Southern Cooking @
- 2:00 Screenprinting and tips on starting your own business with Magnolia Screenprinting @Magnolia_
- 3:00 Live painting and canvas workshop with HML design @hai_ey
- 4:00 Bookstore walkthrough and conversation with local creator @semicolonchi x @signedblake
- 5:00 Tea making and match with Tea & Beyond @teagschwendnerchicago
- 6:00 Beer brewing and cocktail making with @crushedbygiants
Day 2 – The Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will host a day of programming on Instagram Live with a focus on the Hispanic business community.
- 9:00 Live HIIT workout class with Vive Healthy Sport and Nutrition @vivehealthysport
- 10:00 Learn to make Coffee de Olla with Back of the Yards Coffee @backoftheyardscoffeeco
- 11:00 Mask making with bridal store Novias Davila @noviasdavila
- 1:00 Mexican art, history and culture with the National Museum of Mexican Art @explorenmma
- 2:00 200 kinds of Mexican candy and pinatas with Dulcelandia @dulcechi
- 3:00 Empanadas, Match Macadamia and Lavender Latte with Pini Pico Coffee Shop @pinipicocoffee
- 4:00 Live Mariachi and guitar with Mi Tierra @mitierraofficial
- 5:00 Cocktail making and traditional mole with Osito’s Tap @ositostap
We look forward to your participation!