The Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (IHCC) and 1871 are now recruiting for Cohort 7 of the Latinx Incubator.
The Incubator is a partnership between IHCC and 1871 to address diversity in the innovation economy and technology sector and to build an inclusive entrepreneurial tech ecosystem that actively supports Latinx founders.
Now, in these difficult times, it is more important than ever to promote young talent and support digital innovation,” said Jaime di Paulo, President & CEO of the IHCC. “The importance that tech startups have and will have to boost the economy has been especially proven during this pandemic”.
The incubator is one of the few programs for Latinx entrepreneurs that:
- Encourages the development of Latinx talent specifically in the area of technology.
- Guarantees access to a first-rate network of contacts through both 1871’s and IHCC’s community of business professionals, mentors, and investors
- Includes increased public exposure of entrepreneurs and their startups in the Chicago business ecosystem.
IHCC brings its 30-year experience driving new business development and guiding Hispanic entrepreneurs to take all the necessary steps to launch their business.
Recently awarded as the best business incubator in the world, 1871 maintains an incredible physical presence with its facilities, in the heart of Chicago, and attracts an incredible amount of tech expertise and talent from throughout the region.
72 tech startups have graduated from the program since it started this ambitious project in 2016.
Participants in the Latinx Incubator are fully immersed in the IHCC and 1871 tech ecosystem.
During the 12-week program, founders have access to 1871 membership, including its rigorous PYROS core curriculum; constant feedback and networking with Latinx peers; one-on-one coaching with the Latinx Incubator Entrepreneur-in-Residence; and curated sessions and resources dedicated to the unique experience of being a Latinx tech startup founder.
- At least one co-founder must be Latinx.
- Startup must be a for-profit business.
- The product or service must have a focus on technology. The incubator is designed for companies building new and innovative technology. While integrating existing technology into your business is important, we are looking for companies that are utilizing technology to truly disrupt their industry and, in some cases, create completely new forms of technology.
- At least one co-founder must commit to attending the full program.
Preferred (not required):
- A scalable product or service
- An MVP or pilot (beyond idea stage)
Interested candidates may submit applications through Friday, June 5th.
Applications can be submitted to: http://bit.ly/c7apply
The cohort will start the week of June 15th and will continue weekly for 12 weeks.
The Latinx Incubator is based in 1871 in The Merchandise Mart at 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1212, Chicago, IL 60654. Due to COVID 19 and social distancing measures implemented in Illinois, the program will incorporate virtual programming, as needed.