The Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (IHCC) is participating in the Cook County COVID-19 Recovery Small Business Assistance program which will provide support for small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The program will offer advising for small businesses in Cook County and grants for small businesses in suburban Cook County and the unincorporated areas.
The program is offering three types of relief:
- Cook County Recovery Grants, $10,000 recovery grants for small businesses in suburban Cook County that have seen losses due to COVID-19 Applications open on September 16th and will close on October 6th (subject to change).
- Group webinars serve as guided, interactive sessions that start to get you thinking about how your business has been impacted and how you may want to pivot your business.
- Cook County / Chicago Business Advising Program, also known as technical assistance (TA), helps you address the unique needs of your business, including acquiring new capital and customers, understanding financial, change and risk management, adjusting business models, and operating under new safety regulations.
To understand if your business is eligible and to apply for relief, please visit: cookcountysmallbusinessassistance.com
Cook County Recovery Grant
- Businesses located in municipalities within suburban Cook County and in the unincorporated areas
- Businesses with 20 or fewer employees
- Sales reduced (> 20%) by COVID-19 in any month from March-July vs. February 2020
- Businesses who have not received federal funding in the past, or businesses that have received federal funding and intend to use the Cook County Recovery Grant for expenses different than what federal funding was used for
- For-profit small businesses only are eligible (non-profit organizations are not eligible)
- May not have an IRS tax lien or other judgment(s) against it and the business owners or partners may not be currently undergoing bankruptcy proceedings
This program is made possible by generous support from: