Illinois businesses won nearly 800 government contracts – worth over $1.1 Billion in FY 2019, with the help of the Illinois Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) program.
The Illinois PTAC has been serving Illinois small businesses since 1985.
PTAC no cost assistance comes in the forms of teaching, mentoring and coaching.
The program also provide a complete set of tools to research and identify government contracting opportunities.
Through PTAC Services, your Illinois business learn how to:
• Conduct market research, find government opportunities, and establish relationships with agencies.
• Execute SAM and other governmental vendor registrations.
• Read and understand government bid and proposal solicitations.
• Locate businesses – large and small – to form partnering agreements between firms.
• Prepare, review and finalize a bid or proposal.
• Locate technical information and pricing data.
• Understand RFID, UID, and packaging standards.
• Navigate 8 (a), HUBZone, WOSB, EDWOSB, DBE certifications and Veteran-owned business verification.
• Prepare for pre-bid conferences, short-list interviews, debriefings, and pre-award meetings.
• Participate in electronic and other Internet-based bid opportunities.
• Properly submit an invoice, including Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF).
• Handle post-award contract administration
What Did Illinois PTAC Do in Fiscal Year 2019?
• We served 1,461 clients across Illinois. We provided counseling, instruction, and bid opportunities to representatives of each of these firms.
• We conducted seminars and participated in 120 state- wide events.
• We trained 4,001 businesses and individuals on how to effectively compete for government contracts.
• Our staff conducted 6,371 counseling sessions with Illinois-based businesses.
• Our staff provided nearly 7,600 hours of counseling to our clients.
• Our clients won 773 contracts worth more than $1.1 Billion.
• Our efforts helped clients create 489 and saved 693 jobs in fiscal year 2019.
Here’s How Your Business Can Access PTAC
Illinois PTAC at Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Director: Angie Alonso
222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza #1212 Chicago, IL 60654